how can i make a program that cleans temporary internet file or history ?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Why in hell would you want to convert C# to VB?
@OP: As for the title of your post, with a tissue. As for the body, look for the folder the browser stores it in and delete everything in that folder :)

simply, by writing some code that works for you.

Member Avatar for Unhnd_Exception

From experience, I have found that tissues tend to fall apart to easily. I would recommend using a paper towl. Perferably "The quilted quicker picker upper".

I'm a Brawny user. Tough, durable, and pick your own size, my favorite. :D

For a computer cleaner, check out this link.
http://www.vbforums.com/showpost.php?p=3393703&postcount=11
.I only tested the cache and cookies and it worked well.

If you need to view those folders, use this:

Dim myIEcacheFolder As String = Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.InternetCache)
        Process.Start(myIEcacheFolder)
        Dim myIEcookiesFolder As String = Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.Cookies)
        Process.Start(myIEcookiesFolder)

EDIT::
Forgot to mention.
I once tried to make a p.c. cleaner and I use Firefox for a default wb(WebBrowser).
I tried deleting all files in the Firefox cache folder, so I thought it was, and crashed my Firefox.
If working with Firefox, be careful not to crash it by deleting needed system files since they seem to be in the same folder as the cache, I believe. Good luck.

ok thank you....

this one cleans only internet explorer
how can i make it cleans google chrome and mozila

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.