good day everyone i`m beginner in vb.net .. i want to learn this kind of program.. and this are my problems:

1. i dont know how to connect my vb.net program to sql server?? can you help me.
2. how can i call my fingerprint scanner to my vb.net program.
3. how can i input the time eveytime the employee's touch the scanner ( log-=in and log out)

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

You need to read books for all that.

Try using any search engine will get a lot of code online.

Search, Read, Learn and Read and Read and Read and Learn.. patience is the key..

You need to read books for all that.

Try using any search engine will get a lot of code online.

Very true, he has to read but remember he is here so we can direct him in the right path. Some books just dont give people what they want.

can I post some tutorial links here?

good day everyone i`m beginner in vb.net .. i want to learn this kind of program.. and this are my problems:

1. i dont know how to connect my vb.net program to sql server?? can you help me.
3. how can i input the time eveytime the employee's touch the scanner ( log-=in and log out)

What edition of sql server are you connecting to?
checkhttp://connectionstrings.com for different connection strings to sql server
It would be best you use let the system detect the current time the use logged in and logged out because if you let the users do that themselves, they may play a trick on you

http://www.startvbdotnet.com/ado/sqlserver1.aspx

this is a one great example..

keep in mind that you need to initialize your connection string for you to be able to connect to sql server..

thank you all guys. but this project is so hard and i think you can help me to this project.. i used vb6 but my boss said to use vb.net .can you give links so that i can study all that i must learn in vb.net. thanks

my database is SQL server 2008..

The hard part is the fingerprint scanner. Find out if you can use it with VB and how first.
I'm guessing your second problem would have to be the logout event, as users tend to forget this (Can you replace the fingerprint with an inactivity timer or a button for the logout? ) .
The third and last is to connect to the db and log the users action.
Don't waste your time finding out how to connect to the database and find out that your project can't be completed due to fingerprint scanner unless you can switch to logging in the old fashioned way.

aww.. i hope i can do this project.. tsk tsk.. i'll will try to vb6.. but can i have a favor can you give me some sample of your work in vb.net that will help me to learn this program. just give me a link or a made program.. :)) thanks lots

we have the same problem,our thesis proposal is Attendance Monitoring System connected to a biometric/fingerprint scanner.We are also using Visual Basic .Net and MySql 2008 for the database. Hope you can also help us with this one. Thanks! GBU

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.