Hello,
I want to develop an email system (preferably through java but any other language will also do), say mymail.com, exactly like gmail, yahoo, hotmail or any other mailing system where users can send and receive a mail. I would like to know where can i start from.

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

There are many options. Here is one involving JSP:

1) If you already know JSP
a) get some server space on a site that lets you write JSP and create it there

2) If you do not know JSP:
a) Learn JSP
b) follow step 1a

Unfortunately, if we don't know how much you already know about this, it is difficult to tell you which direction to take.

If you are a beginner in web development or database manipulation, there will be a lot you need to know and understand before this will work.

get the javaMail package to develop GUI based mailing system

There are many options. Here is one involving JSP:

1) If you already know JSP
a) get some server space on a site that lets you write JSP and create it there

2) If you do not know JSP:
a) Learn JSP
b) follow step 1a

Unfortunately, if we don't know how much you already know about this, it is difficult to tell you which direction to take.

If you are a beginner in web development or database manipulation, there will be a lot you need to know and understand before this will work.

hi thines01,

thanks for the reply n sry for replying late.

I do have a sound knowledge of jsp and database. You can tell me the steps required to setup an email system.

get the javaMail package to develop GUI based mailing system

hi Ashley256,

thanks for the reply n sry for replying late.

i tried working with javaMail api, would appreciate if you could share some nice article explaining it in detail.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.