Hello,

Last year my team wrote a VB .Net project that used the webbrowser control to automatically fill out user forms, click images, action buttons etc. for a web application used in our company. This year, the web application was upgraded to version 3.0. We got the application in our area so that we can adjust the code in our application to work with the upgraded web application. However, the new web application is loaded with Adobe Flash. We cannot "right-click" in the window to retrieve the Source Code (this is how we got the information from the last web application, right-click and read the HTML). When we right-click, we only get options to change Adobe settings.

How do I find the source code for the web page that uses Adobe Flash in order to use our application to communicate with it and fill out the fields, click buttons, etc.?

I have tried Googling this problem, but I am not getting any where.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

If you're using Internet Explorer, you can use the Page menu and select View Source (or the View menu and select Source).
In FireFox, go to Tools->Web Developer and select Page Source (or press CTRL+U).
In Google Chrome, click the wrench and go to Tools and select View Source.

If you're using Internet Explorer, you can use the Page menu and select View Source (or the View menu and select Source).
In FireFox, go to Tools->Web Developer and select Page Source (or press CTRL+U).
In Google Chrome, click the wrench and go to Tools and select View Source.

Thank you for the response. This web application that I need the source code for has many screens with frames. I need to be able to right-click in each frame to get the exact html. However, when I right click anywhere on the screen, all I get are Adobe Flash options. No Source Code/View Source.

Using the View Source from the tool bar in IE, I get the same HTML for every single screen. It is some default log in screen for any user who doesn't have Adobe Flash installed on their machine.

Are there any other options for getting around Adobe Flash to view the HTML? If not, our IT department is going to bill us the hours for "helping" us rewrite our code to work with their new web-app. Needless to say, that is not what our department head wants to hear!

Well. When looking at the "main" source code for the page, you can extract the URL for each document in the frames.
Browse to each document and then use the same technique to look at the source.

It'll be a two-step process, but at least you won't be billed by your IT-department.

Hi, there isn't any URL listed on that main source code. It has some references to javascript functions. The application is loaded in an Adobe Flash package, I can't click any where on the screen to get the source. I found some info about FSCommand and I am trying to make sense of it. Are you familiar with this?

I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with FSCommand.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.