hi,

I am doing an instant chat system using java client and server architecture. currently im implementing the server side of it. my question is:

Should i design a gui for the server side as well? if yes what kind of functionality should I include?

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

I don't think that's necessary. Perhaps something console based with a bunch of parameters that can be passed in.

Could come in handy as an optional feature, some sort of administrative console. But always provide a means to run a server on a headless machine.

Could come in handy as an optional feature, some sort of administrative console. But always provide a means to run a server on a headless machine.

hi thanks for the reply everyone,

jwenting, what do you mean by headless machine?

thanks

headless: no videocard/monitor

headless: no videocard/monitor

oh k thanx.

please help me to design a gui for my chat server?

commented: are you kidding me? -1

please help me to design a gui for my chat server?

Step 1: realise it is of no use to revive a thread that has been dead for years
Step 2: visualise YOUR problem
Step 3: make a proper analysis of your problem
Step 4: realise that we're not going to do all your work for you
Step 5: make (at least) an attemt to code it
Step 6: test it
Step 7: if it doesn't work, and you don't know why, show us the code that contains an error, tell us what it's supposed to do and what it's (not) doing, and show us the exception messages

hi its arul i wanna the set up file of gui based chat server in java programming ... along with its source code...

I don't think that's necessary. Perhaps something console based with a bunch of parameters that can be passed in.

.. hello

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.