i want to learn the complete working of pointer in c.
i tried it many times but it is very difficult so please help me.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Clicky. Pointers are probably "very difficult" not because of any complexity but because you're expecting them to be difficult in your mind. In reality, pointers are both simple and straightforward.

commented: it was really helpfull. +1

Here is another tutorial on pointes

Pointers are data variables that store(that should store) NULL or a valid memory address. Pretty simple right?

Pretty simple right?

Yup. Though as soon as indirection enters the picture people go crazy. I still haven't figured out why.

Not only studying books but practicing those things will make things easier to understand and opens the route to discover more on that thing.
Pointer is an easy thing which just store valid memory address or NULL as said by gerard.

Not only studying books but practicing those things will make things easier to understand and opens the route to discover more on that thing.
Pointer is an easy thing which just store valid memory address or NULL as said by gerard.

the thing you said is right. but i want to make my career in system programming and if i want do system programming with C then i need to understand the nature of pointers perfectly. that's why i want to focus on pointers.

click is a good site to develop system programs(especially OS) and a lot of things to learn in depth along with memory management and hardware analysis.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.