Can someone send me a example of how to copy a file from a remote folder to other remote folder? For example: I am running MyProgram on MyComputer and this program has to copy a file from a folder inside OtherComputer. This folder need user and password to allow MyProgram to copy the file.
I am using the following sample. The main point in this example is to make my program to work both in linux and windows, but locally. Now I want to do the same with a path like this: \\192.168.x.x\mySharedFolder\fileToBeCopied.text . Maybe I need another library but I don't know. I imagine that there will be a way to set user, password and even proxy to get a file from other computer inside a shared folder.

//***http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/aix/library/au-boostfs/
#include <stdio.h>
#include <boost/filesystem.hpp>
int main()
{
boost::filesystem::path path("/usr/local/include");
bool result = boost::filesystem::is_directory(path);
return 0;
}

Clarification..
You mentioned that it is shared folder. Cant you directly copy and paste the file it in your shared computer?.
Do you want to programatically set password for the shared folder?
You can achieve the above functionality also by using some third party softwares...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.