Hello,

I have recently joined a orgainization as a Java Engineer Trainee(0 Years of Experience) and working on a project(80% ABAP people are working on project)
in mainteance from last 2-3 Years.

The Work in the project is of basically in ABAP and Core Java (Only Basic Java code is being used related to JCO and XML) is only being used as
in interface for the data sharing between ABAP and Abrotext Editor(XML Editor).

But Most of the opening in Java for Experienced is in Struts/Hiberate/EJB and other frameworks
and J2EE
. :-O

Please help and give me direction is it worth to work in Core Java with XML and gain experience in that. :-/

Should I study J2EE side by Side even it is not being used in project ??? :?:

Most of the opening in Java for Experienced is in Struts/Hiberate/EJB and other frameworks
and J2EE.
>> You should get some background in persistance, any of EJB/JPA/Hibernate/myBatis would do. As long you get principles you would have no problem to adapt on rest of them

Please help and give me direction is it worth to work in Core Java with XML and gain experience in that.
>>Core Java and XML can let you easily learn Android development

Should I study J2EE side by Side even it is not being used in project ???
>>Fresh developers, specially, should spent extra time learning stuff need it at work, extend their knowledge (reading books, watch/join open source project, or just participate on coding forum like daniweb for example)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.