i've downloaded the last version of boost(1_47_0) but i don't know how to build it, i tried to find a tutorial on google but that didn't help much because it was for a very old version and some thing changed.
anyway, my compiler does have minimal support for C++0x, will boost work on it(MSVC 2010 express).
and also i'll be thankful if you could tell me STEP BY STEP(as for idiots) how to build the libraries

thx in advance

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I think that the instructions on the boost website are already pretty much "step by step", I don't know how I could give any more straight-forward instructions.

Also note that most Boost libraries are header-only libraries, meaning that you don't actually need to build the binary libraries to use those header-only libraries.

>>my compiler does have minimal support for C++0x, will boost work on it(MSVC 2010 express).

Yes, Boost uses the old standard C++03, so you don't have to worry about that. Boost is also made to compile properly on pretty much any compiler (even very old sub-standard ones).

thx for reply, i searched on they'r site but couldn't find anything related to building them, it seems that i didn't search well enough, still, i'll be keeping the thread open until i build them, if any error occurs i'll post again

OK I too have felt the pain associated with building and installing boost libraries and I found an installer!

I think of it very highly, http://www.boostpro.com/download/

If you need help setting up a project to use the boost libraries once it's installed please let us know.

ok so, i followed the steps in the guide and didn't manage to succeed
i hate when people build tutorials in witch they give instructions like the reader already does know how to do it
i got so mad that i don't want to hear about boost anymore for a while, actually i don't see the rush, i still have to learn sockets first so screw boost::threads for now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.