Hello, once again

I have a very BIG problem. I made program that connect to proxy server and browse via proxy server. However, my company has a made private proxy server which I must authenticate through to get to the internet.

I read hundreds pages of docs, but without success. My program code look like so:

module:
    Public Declare Sub UrlMkSetSessionOption Lib "urlmon.dll" _
    (ByVal dwOption As Long, ByRef pBuffer As Any, _
    ByVal dwBufferLength As Long, ByVal dwReserved As Long)

Public Type INTERNET_PROXY_INFO
    dwAccessType As Long
    lpszProxy As String
    lpszProxyBypass As String
    End Type
    Public Const INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PROXY = 3
    Public Const INTERNET_OPTION_PROXY = 38

Public Declare Function InternetSetOption Lib "wininet.dll" Alias "InternetSetOptionA" _
    (ByVal hInternet As Long, ByVal lOption As Long, ByRef sBuffer As Any, ByVal lBufferLength As Long) As Integer
    Public Declare Function InternetSetOptionStr Lib "wininet.dll" Alias "InternetSetOptionA" _
    (ByVal hInternet As Long, ByVal lOption As Long, ByVal sBuffer As String, ByVal lBufferLength As Long) As Integer

form:
    Private Sub Command6_Click()
    Dim ipi As INTERNET_PROXY_INFO
    dim username as string 
    dim password as string 

ipi.dwAccessType = INTERNET_OPEN_TYPE_PROXY
    ipi.lpszProxy = "46.37.165.113:17890"
    ipi.lpszProxyBypass = ""

username = "america01" 'proxy server ID and PASS real and WORKING
    password = "YpEEJy8u"  'proxy server ID and PASS real and WORKING

call UrlMkSetSessionOption(INTERNET_OPTION_PROXY_USERNAME, username, sizeof(username), 0);
    call UrlMkSetSessionOption(INTERNET_OPTION_PROXY_PASSWORD, password, sizeof(password), 0);
    call UrlMkSetSessionOption(INTERNET_OPTION_PROXY, ipi, Len(ipi), 0) 
    Form1.WebBrowser1.Navigate "http://whatismyipaddress.com/"

What wrong I`m doing ?

I don't know. I banged my head around with VB6's internet functions. To no avail. I really don't think they work. But you're using API's.

You might try bypassing the username and password and just open the URL directly injecting the username and password into the URL: e.g., http://username:password@whatismyipaddress.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.