Hi... I have come acroos with this new problem - Integration in Java. I need to use integration (Mathematics operation) in Java. Is this possible...? and if yes, then how....and which package I will need to use.....which class and everything. I need help on this asap. Is anybody up for this. Could anybody please help me on this. I shall be highly thankful.

Thanks and kind regards,
Rahul Gupta.

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

thanks for replying but i already knew bout this package and it doesnt have integration and differentiation operations of maths in it. Does anybody knows bout it.???...pls help.

Thanks and regards.

java.lang.math
The class Math contains methods for performing basic numeric operations such as the elementary exponential, logarithm, square root, and trigonometric functions.
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/Math.html

Sure it's possible, you just need to implement an algorithm for it.

Thanks jwenting, cud u pls suggest some way out of this problem i mean do u hav some algorithm in mind coz i hav tried my best.

thanks and regards

Sure it's possible, you just need to implement an algorithm for it.

Figure out how you do it on paper, then figure out how to translate that to instructions for the computer.

If you're after numeric results that's rather straightforward, if you want symbolic results remember that there are rather expensive programs that have taken teams of very smart people a long time to create.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Go for the trapezium rule. I doubt you should even try the symbolic method. It's way too difficult.

thanks people for your replies but the trouble is that i m not very gud at mathematics. So does anyone here knows bout how to go for it?? I want to integrate a function with limits...so is there any method or wat approach shud i use to solve this problem.

looking forward to ur replies....

Thanks and regards.

Go for the trapezium rule. I doubt you should even try the symbolic method. It's way too difficult.

wat is trapezium rule?? how do i implement this??pls help.

hi people...thanks for ur help.....i hav figured out the trapezium rule....so no need to be bothered....

thanks for the help neways

hi people...thanks for ur help.....i hav figured out the trapezium rule....so no need to be bothered....

thanks for the help neways

Yes essentially, u wud be accumulating the area of each trapezium as you integrate under the function f(x).

Jwenting was alluding to something more complex, by symbolic integration, which doesn't need definite integrals... PM me ur code if u ever get that far :mrgreen:

http://integrals.wolfram.com/index.jsp

One more thing. 2 snaz it up a bit u mite wanna consider a simple infix to postfix converter. It shud help to simplify the amount of parsing the user needs to do on the original expression. :cry:

Can you write regular English so older people can understand what you're writing?

Can you write regular English so older people can understand what you're writing?

Sorrie, my english is only meant to make sense to those below the middle thirties :lol:

Maybe wen I get rid of my wretched cell fone I may B persuaded to communicate more eloquently.

thank you all for ur help...n thanks for the advice "iamthwee"....yeah i think i dont need to go that complex n if i do get stuck somewhere....i ll definitely contact u...thanks for ur offer once again.....

regards.

Sorrie, my english is only meant to make sense to those below the middle thirties :lol:

Maybe wen I get rid of my wretched cell fone I may B persuaded to communicate more eloquently.

Welche Sprache ist das?

Lingua Latina non est.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.