Well, i searched all through google and stuff...but in vain..i want to add a functionality in my program to copy and paste buttons which are present on the screen.....I got a wonderful article to copy and paste text.but what about some swing components???????how do we copy and paste them?????

[site]http://www.cafeaulait.org/course/week13/[/site]

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

are you talking about cutting and pasting complete swing components, like buttons and panels?

are you talking about cutting and pasting complete swing components, like buttons and panels?

Oh Yeah........something which enables the users to copy and paste the buttons which are present on the interface itself........

This is a difficult problem. What is your main goal? Are you trying to build a gui editor?

Just shooting from the hip, but I would think that you would want to create your own buttons that extend the normal components and then extend the current java cut and paste utility. Maybe have an interface called Copyable or something like that and then have the new cut and paste utility look for components that are copyable and go from there...

This is a difficult problem. What is your main goal? Are you trying to build a gui editor?

Oh yes its something like a GUI editor

Just shooting from the hip, but I would think that you would want to create your own buttons that extend the normal components and then extend the current java cut and paste utility. Maybe have an interface called Copyable or something like that and then have the new cut and paste utility look for components that are copyable and go from there...

From all that's written here, i have created my buttons and can drag and drop them too..........and frankly the explanation u gave seemed a bit of greek to me.....I'll be grateful to u if u culd explain it in a bit simpler way.......Thanks..........

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.