hi

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Just because you don't personally use a language doesn't make it unimportant.

/thread

commented: So true, and needs saying more often. Although this is the first time I've seen someone suggest Java as a replacement for C. +8

compatibility with hardware of C is better compare to java ..............

What is the importance of STEAK even we r with CHICKEN today?

i am not getting u properly

some thing if any one want to share plz,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Basically, because if you try to find out in which language your operating system is written into,you can probably get your answer.Java is designed for the web.C on the other hand is for interaction with the hardware.You CANNOT write an operating system in Java.C is the base for System programming.If there is no system, where would you do application/web programming.

Java is designed for the web.

Actually, it was designed for the early 90s concept of mobile devices and later tweaked to fit the web paradigm when the original target didn't seem marketable anymore.

C on the other hand is for interaction with the hardware.

C is a general purpose programming language that allows low level access to the hardware. Restricting your definition of what a programming language is or isn't will surely blind you to the possibilities that don't fit your definition.

You CANNOT write an operating system in Java.

You should tell the people who have done it so that they can adjust their view of reality accordingly. Also note that an OS written in XYZ doesn't mean only written in XYZ. For example, you'll find that the bootstrapping parts of an OS are typically written in assembly language. But if all other code uses XYZ then it's not incorrect to say the OS is written in XYZ.

Yeah true,i agree with you that Java did come for mobile,rather as an embedded platform since Java itself is considered to be a mini OS.
And what i wanted to stress by

You CANNOT write an operating system in Java.

actually was "why Java is not used for low level programming" rather than it can never be used.Sorry for the misleading sentence.Thank you for correcting me.

C is the most basic language allowing maximum interaction with hardware!! Also, 90% of all other languages are derived from C. How dya think java is encoded ? They are all written using C! 'C' is the mother of them all :P :)
And coming to why its still used... What if i want to make another language ??
And yea, just coz ur mom is old yet capable, ull stop asking her to do the things she does just coz u can do them too ?

90% of all other languages are derived from C.

Really? Maybe you should check out this list and pick out the 10% that are not a C-derivative. Or better yet, pick out 10% that are! :icon_rolleyes:

C is the most basic language allowing maximum interaction with hardware!! Also, 90% of all other languages are derived from C. How dya think java is encoded ? They are all written using C! 'C' is the mother of them all :P :)
And coming to why its still used... What if i want to make another language ??
And yea, just coz ur mom is old yet capable, ull stop asking her to do the things she does just coz u can do them too ?

@ lol

This is all well known that c is only language that is able to do all that work which we need....................

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.