Hi

I want to save a txt file in a folder in AppData.
Fist how can i make a folder in AppData. ""Environment.SpecialFolder.ApplicationData" I know that this exist, but how to use it now.

when the folder is ready, how to save something in it. I'm using streamwiter.

thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Stream writer I believe allows you to write to a specified path, however whether or not that folder requires administrator permissions I have no idea.

There is nobody who can help me please

hi..

To save your txt file in a folder first create a folder using c# or just by adding folder ..then you use savedialogue control and stream writer to save in that location .

here comes the code.

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            saveFileDialog1.ShowDialog();
            if (saveFileDialog1.ShowDialog() == DialogResult.OK)
            {
                path=  saveFileDialog1.FileName;
                textBox1.Text = path;

}
        }

private void button2_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {

System.IO.StreamWriter w = new System.IO.StreamWriter(saveFileDialog1.FileName);
            w.Close();
            //System.IO.StreamReader r = new System.IO.StreamReader(saveFileDialog1.FileName);

}
To do this see this code which 
// this contains my TempDocumentFolder inside my path .
DirectoryInfo _Directory = new DirectoryInfo(Path.Combine(Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.ApplicationData), "TempDocuments"));

//when you load the form first check the _Directory path it is valid or it contains any file like 
 try
	{
		foreach (FileInfo file in _Directory.GetFiles("pe_*.pdf")) // it checks only for .pdf file for me
		{
			//do whtever you want to do.
		}

}
	catch(Exception ex1)
	{
		System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine(ex1.ToString());
		// if folder is not there then it will create a folder inside a AppData Folder
		System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(_Directory.ToString());
	}

// After you get the folder save data inside this folder.

thanks pritesh2010. it is a good answer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.