This must be the Most Irritating Bug or what ever it is, EVER!!!!

Im using Netbeans 6.9.1 and i have a main form, with a JMenuBar (dropdown bar) in that form.
Now i have allot of items in that bar.
But netbeans chooses some random time to remove 1 to 4 of my lables of my menu bar items!!

The button/menuebarbutton still works, but to remember what it was, fixing it, and only seeing a few others dissapear the next day i work on it is SUPER IRRITATING!!

What can the problem be? is it netbeans? should i use 7.0? but why is it doing that, thats not normal?

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

why are you sure this is IDE-related? maybe there is something in your code en/disabling certain items based on a condition.
what you are giving us is quite a vague description, so it's hard to say what the issue might be.

why are you sure this is IDE-related? maybe there is something in your code en/disabling certain items based on a condition.
what you are giving us is quite a vague description, so it's hard to say what the issue might be.

I also thought that, but first, i havent coded anything yet that enabels/disables it. Also i added a menu item 30minutes ago. I ran my program to right after the login screen, and everything was fine. I closed my program and ran it gain, after wich that menu item had no name.

I can understand that this might me a difficult thing to describe or fix. I just hoped some one on here had the same problem, becuase i googled it, and its not a known problem... so that sucks, and kinda leads me to think the problem is with me some where... But cant see how that can happen..

But thank you. Will leave the post unsolved for a day or two, maybe something will happen =)

you could post the code in which you have the problem, and say which menuItems you have the problem with.
also, you could try and create a new small app, with just a few menu items, just to see if your IDE hides some of those menuItems as well.

you could post the code in which you have the problem, and say which menuItems you have the problem with.
also, you could try and create a new small app, with just a few menu items, just to see if your IDE hides some of those menuItems as well.

this is the only code i use that comes in contact with that page and with that menu bar at that time

(button to go to that page)

if(name.equals(testName) && password.equals(testPassword))
                     {
                          JFrame mainFrame = PrelogApp.getApplication().getMainFrame();
                          HomePage page = new HomePage();
                          page.setLocationRelativeTo(mainFrame);
                          PrelogApp.getApplication().show(page);
                     }

(when the home page loads it runs this code)

PrimeThread p = new PrimeThread(3);
         p.start();

and that thread sends emails, it doesnt do anything to the form

and i wish the small app would work, but it happens totally on random occations with totally random amount of menu items. Theres no pattern what so ever

and this is how it looks.
.......Just as i wanted to take a screen shot... it changed again... ill send you the two screen shots i took. i took one 10min ago, and i wanted to take one now again.. and this is how they look

10min ago = capture 1
now = capture 2

they appear and dissipear as they want?

I've used NetBeans 6.9.1 myself, but I've never had that problem, so I doubt it's the IDE, there has to be some other explanation. also, I 've noticed one of your screenshots is made from the preview of the app, the other from the app itself, maybe that causes a difference somewhere, though I doubt it.

I've used NetBeans 6.9.1 myself, but I've never had that problem, so I doubt it's the IDE, there has to be some other explanation. also, I 've noticed one of your screenshots is made from the preview of the app, the other from the app itself, maybe that causes a difference somewhere, though I doubt it.

I also thought so, but tried it and nope, same diffirence.
come to think of it, althought i have this problem on 6.9.1, i took the first screenshot on 7, it looked the same as the first one, and then when i wanted (or after i) changed the names back, it gave me that second picture.
So guess bottom line is, netbeans is evil.... but we need her.... but shes evil...

Will post a solution as soon as i find out how the hell to fix this.
thank you

"need" is a big word. I doubt there's something you can do with NetBeans you can't do with another IDE. true, the gui wysiwyg editor might come in handy if you need a gui quick, but quicker doesn't always mean better :)

"need" is a big word. I doubt there's something you can do with NetBeans you can't do with another IDE. true, the gui wysiwyg editor might come in handy if you need a gui quick, but quicker doesn't always mean better :)

kinda get what you are saying. Im strugling hard not to swear now... You remember that systems tab i had on my form? That kinda dissapeared.....:yawn:
So yea.. thats my afternoon summed up

Hi there,

Having used Netbeans 6.9.1 and 7.0 quite a bit I would not be surprised if this is a bug. The IDE has a few. Best Solution is to go and get yourself Netbeans 7.0 not much different but less buggy then 6.9.1. however it does come with its own set of creatures :)

Hi there,

Having used Netbeans 6.9.1 and 7.0 quite a bit I would not be surprised if this is a bug. The IDE has a few. Best Solution is to go and get yourself Netbeans 7.0 not much different but less buggy then 6.9.1. however it does come with its own set of creatures :)

Thank you, really do think that that is the case here. I saw now, in my desighn it shows the name, and when i run it, surprize, theres no name.
So im gona go over to 7.
Thanx

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.