I need a short script written for me. Is this an appropriate forum to ask for this kind of help? If so, I'll post specs.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

>Is this an appropriate forum to ask for this kind of help?
Not really. The best forum on Daniweb for your request would be IT Job Offers. However, if it's not a terribly complicated script, we can help you in this forum to learn enough Perl to write it on your own. :)

I know the perl. The script requires a module that isn't available to me. I can't install it on my local machine (win 98 SE), and my host can't install it either (Linux).

Someone could write the script, run it, and get the output back to me in about 20 minutes.

>Someone could write the script, run it, and get the output back to me in about 20 minutes.
It could take ten seconds and the answer would be the same. This forum isn't rent-a-coder. We'll help you write it, but we won't do it for you.

That's the feedback I was looking for. I'll take a look at the Job Offers board. Thanks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.