can any one give any idea which compiler i will use which work in docs.i dont want to use microsoft visual c++

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

What do you mean by "work in docs"?

What do you mean by "work in docs"?

i mean that my working enviornment is black

I'm not sure what either of "docs" or "environment is black" means specifically but you might try clang which is a frontend for llvm. Very powerful toolset. Works on Windows and Linux.

I'm not sure what either of "docs" or "environment is black" means specifically but you might try clang which is a frontend for llvm. Very powerful toolset. Works on Windows and Linux.

actually i donot want to use vb c++ compiler.can u give me a pure c++ compiler name that not visual

I believe he means 'dos' (just command window these days)

Does he mean "DOS", or does he just mean a command line window, in MS Windows?

Anyway, clang is not VB. Use clang, as L7sqr suggested.

I believe he means 'dos'.

yea boos u r right

actually i donot want to use vb c++ compiler.can u give me a pure c++ compiler name that not visual

llvm and clang are not a Windows-based tool suite. They are independent projects that implement a virtual machine environment and compiler infrastructure and a frontend to that system. Had you followed either of my links you would have noticed that.

As an aside, if you just want to compile on the command line (DOS shell) you can still use the Microsoft compiler without using the IDE (Visual Studio).

Jeez. Try This.

Token plug for ported GNU compilers.
Get the MinGW/MSYS if you're using Windows, but want to run on the command line.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/
Grab the link near the upper middle that says "Looking for the latest version?"

Get DJGPP if you are actually using honest to goodness DOS 5.0 - 6.22 or FreeDOS, and NOT a command line inside Windows.
http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/zip-picker.html

For those in the know, DJ Delorie is a freaking awesome guy and is currently doing work on Renesas microcontrollers. You can find him in the RenesasRulz forums.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.