Hi
In VB6, I have a Combo Command, and I made meny steps iside it, it is about 48,000 characters, and I need more !! but I got this msg: "Proceduer is too large" !!
so, what can I do to complete my steps !?
Thanks..
Sarwat.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Standard current best programming practices now suggest we break up code into "chunks of functionality" -- grouping sections of code by action into separate functions.

Surely in 48k of code, you can see certain:
1) cepeating groups of commands
2) pieces of code that can operate independently
3) code that can be replaced by better commands
4) code that can be removed.

Thank you for your answer,
but I need to make meny steps in the same combo command !! I can't break it by another command !!
What about Module or Macros !? can help me ? and How ?

Hi..
How can creat a macro (by Word Office) and use it in VB6 ?

You can call the other commands from the main section of the program.
Surely, you're not telling me all of the code you've seen is in just ONE procedure. Every function or subroutine you call (even MsgBox) is another procedure. The compiler is even telling you to break up the code because it's too large.

On your second question, you would need to use Word Automation.
This really should have been a separate question.

Some People solve this problem by (Macros), but I don't know how !?

My proceduer in this combo box has meny caculations and can not break it by another command !!

I do need this process in one ComboBox Command !! that is my problem !!

Some People solve this problem by (Macros), but I don't know how !?

You should either do it as a macro OR do it in VB6.
I guess you can call the macro inside the word document FROM VB6. Is that what you mean? If so, the link I sent is still the thing you need.

Does this have anything to do with the original problem?

My proceduer in this combo box has meny caculations and can not break it by another command !!

Each calculation can be a separate command. The commands are called by each other -- not by the user. You must understand that to fix your program

I do need this process in one ComboBox Command !! that is my problem !!

The user will issue one command to the ComboBox and the ComboBox will call what it needs.

Now, if you're saying it's a school requirement to put it in one function/subroutine, then you will need better code or shorter commands.
You will still run up against the limitation of (seemingly) 48K in one method.

I think your Phrase: Each calculation can be a separate command. The commands are called by each other -- not by the user. You must understand that to fix your programwill solve my problem !!
I will try now . .

Yessssssss!! This solvs my problem !!
You learn me a good new thing !!
Thank you very very mach . . . .:) :) :)
Best wishes to you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.