Hey guys,
Heres what my app is trying to do:

Print a members card

Heres my code:

Me.AccountsTableAdapter.Connection = mainConnection
                Me.AccountsTableAdapter.NewQuery(Me.WaynokaDataSet.Accounts)

With Me.ReportViewer1
                    .LocalReport.ReportPath = "G:\Bin\Waynoka Management\MemberCard" & varCardYear & ".rdlc"
                    .LocalReport.DataSources.Add(New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportDataSource("WaynokaDataSet_Accounts", dsReportList.Tables(0)))
                    .SetDisplayMode(Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.DisplayMode.PrintLayout)
                End With

Catch ex As Exception
                System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show(ex.Message)
            End Try

The title is the error it throws up, but when I hover over this line of code:

.LocalReport.DataSources.Add(New Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.ReportDataSource("WaynokaDataSet_Accounts", dsReportList.Tables(0)))

this is the error details it display:
"Me.ReportViewer1.LocalReport.DataSources = Count = (Count) threw an exception of type System.TypeLoadException."

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. The guy who originally developed this program is ridiculously BAD at collaborating with me on this. He is currently looking into it but he hasnt even called me back about it and this is of the most importance as today the 2012 member cards start getting printed and they wont print! Thanks in advance!

for future reference(Anyone who googled a similar issue to get here) the issue that was described above is due to the fact that the previous dev. did not convert the .rdlc file to 2008(made it in 2003 or 2005 vs). When I converted the file and put it in the appropriate folder(the program looks for the updated file when it goes to print a new membership card, the program did not like the conversion process and threw up this bullshit of an error. My advice, Make dam sure that whoever converts a program to a newer year of visual studio CAREFULLY converts ALL files associated with the program.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.