Is this a real class? I am working through a Deitel book, and they use it, but my program does not recognize it. I am importing the same libraries as the example in the book.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

A search in the Official Java SE 7 Documentation turns up nothing, although I've seen a few people talking about it in a Google search. Does your book talk about having to downloading it or anything, because some books will use secondary classes not in the standard JDK to illustrate a point.

A search in the Official Java SE 7 Documentation turns up nothing, although I've seen a few people talking about it in a Google search. Does your book talk about having to downloading it or anything, because some books will use secondary classes not in the standard JDK to illustrate a point.

Thanks for the confirmation. I will have to keep reading, you are probably right.

How did you search the Official Java SE 7 Documentation?

I have been looking here http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/index.html but I do not see a search function.

Type CTRL + F on the keyboard and just search the webpage. It'll search in the Packages frame, the All Classes Frame, and the Main frame, too. Quite handy.

Type CTRL + F on the keyboard and just search the webpage. It'll search in the Packages frame, the All Classes Frame, and the Main frame, too. Quite handy.

Does it make a difference if I am using frames?

A frame is just a piece of the webpage. The box in the top Left is a frame, the box in the bottom left is a frame, and the big box front and center is a frame. They're built into the page, so just do a CTRL + F and you'll be good for searching.

This is Paul Deitel. TextFieldHandler is our own class that used to respond to text field events in the program. Feel free to email us directly if you have questions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.