Hello,

Am getting below error, the program cant seem to find some custom dll on my project when installed. in the setup and deployment i check only 'primary output source from myapp'

Help please

System.InvalidOperationException: An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is: Could not load file or assembly 'audibutton, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'audibutton, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'audibutton, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Make copylocal=true in property window for that folder and make sure when u build the app this dll should get copied to ur bin/Debug folder.

thanks for your reply. all dll files are in the bin/Debug folder. but am not sure they are being copyied when i build. how do i ensure that. on the setup and deployment there is a page for selecting project output. am only ticking primary output from my app. am i not supposed to tick others?

Delete the dll's from debug folder and build ur application again, if copylocal=true then all the dll's should come in debug folder again, And what is your way of deployement?

all the dlls is set to coplocal = true on the references. i deleted the dlls from the debug folder and build my app again. the dlls did not come back to the debug folder. am using the setup and deployment to build exe installer. thats the way am deploying

you mean third party software to build the installers? And if copy local=true then when u build the app it should get copy to out put folder.check ur output folder its debug or release.

no not third party installer, i use the studio setup and deployment to build exe file for the app. yes i can see the dlls now in my release folder. but still same thing error when i try to run d program after installation. i cant even find the application files on my computer program files

Change ur configaration debug. And check your project property pages. from where it is taking the files when you building the app.

have changed that to debug folder, on the project property pages how do i chk where its taking files?

In property pages of the project Configuration should be active Debug,Build output path should be bin/Debug. Are you using the publish wizard of the visual studio?

all recommended config. set. yes am using the publish wizard for visual studio 2008. i only get this dll not found problem when i build exe file with the wizard. when i click on build > publish and publish the app to my desktop i dont get the eror message.

now cant publish ma beautiful app.. gosh..! because i used custom dlls

What you mean by cant publish? You can publish with any dll's. Make all the dll's Copy local property=true and or add them in Prerequisites of app and try to publish. in publish folder you should be able to see all the dll's

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidOperationException: An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details. The error is: Could not load file or assembly 'audibutton, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'audibutton, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'audibutton, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at WWTBAM_NI.Main1.InitializeComponent()
at WWTBAM_NI.Main1..ctor()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at WWTBAM_NI.My.MyProject.MyForms.Create__Instance__[T](T Instance)
at WWTBAM_NI.My.MyProject.MyForms.get_Main1()
at WWTBAM_NI.NameForm1.TextBox1_Keydown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5448 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WWTBAM NIGERIA
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Timosoft/Desktop/WWTBAM%20NI.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5447 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

now am using INNO to deploy. the same error. do dot seem to find my custom button file.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.