So heres my issue:

My works VB program uses Code 3 of 9 to put a barcode on a members card; This issue only pertains to one computer, all other networked computers print member cards just fine with the barcode on them. BUT, when I go to print a member card from the troubled computer, instead of printing the barcode on the card it prints this "*MC4635".
I assumed it has something to do with the font not being on the troubled computer, but after installing the font on the troubled machine it still gives me this issue. Please help me Daniwebbers!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

It has to be the font. Uninstall (delete) it and reinstall it.
If that doesn't help then it has to be an option of the printer (font substitution comes to mind)

It was the font. I had to go to a comp. that was properly printing out the cards and copy that machines font3of9 font file, and throw it on the troubled machine and vwah lah! Issue solved. There are many f3of9 font files out there, make sure you get the proper one.

Code 39 is a barcode symbology that can encode uppercase letters (A through Z), digits (0 through 9) and a handful of special characters like the $ sign. we can refer to a mature code 39 generator to create and draw code 39 barcode on multiple image formats, including jpeg, png, gif, bmp and tiff.

Not sure if this would be the correct placement of this thread, but seen the question asked before in here.I am working on the Star TSP100 futurePRNT, have got a sample example to print data which is working fine. They use the code "\x1b\x1d\x61\x1" to allign to center. Need to know which coding it is? And how to print Code 39 barcode in using the code?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.