I found a lot of books introduce about objective C but can't find a book which talk about objective C++.Could you introduce me an objective C++ textbook?
I learned C++ before but don't know objective C, where should I start if I want to learn objective C++?Looks like it is a superset of C++?Could it co-work
with some of the features of C++11?

Thank you very much

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I had recently bought a book titled Object-Oriented Programming in C++ by Robert Lafore. Its quite a comprehensive book so far. It had been able to translate programming into very clear concepts. I think you will be interested in the book.

Thanks, but I have studied C++ before(even now I am still studying C++), I know the concepts of OOP, GP, TMP,
STL and procedural programming, although I am not an expert of C++ yet, but I think I am good enough to handle
daily programming with C++(and I like C++).

I need a book which could talk about objective C++ but not objective C, there are tons of books introduce objective C
but none(?) of it cover the details of objective C++?

Look for books on Objective-C. Objective-C++ is just Objective-C with C++ features. Once you've learned Objective-C, you'll know how to use Objective-C++.

Thanks a lot, I will study Objective-C Programming: The Big Nerd Ranch Guide (Big Nerd Ranch Guides) and
Beginning Mac Programming: Develop with Objective-C and Cocoa.

Once you've learned Objective-C, you'll know how to use Objective-C++.

This is the reason why the books of objective C++ are hard to find ?Because it is unneccessary?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.