Hello all, this is a real newbie question. I just bought VisualBasic.net student addition. I also bought a book to learn the language. But I've ran into a problem. Example, when I start a form and add a button to it and hit f5 to run the program it runs ok with the button. But if I make changes to the form say add an additional button or a list box and hit f5 to run the program it doesn't run with the new button but it runs the first instance. Please someone help, I'm eager to learn VB.Net and this is really holding me up. How can I get the program to run with the changes?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hello all, this is a real newbie question. I just bought VisualBasic.net student addition. I also bought a book to learn the language. But I've ran into a problem. Example, when I start a form and add a button to it and hit f5 to run the program it runs ok with the button. But if I make changes to the form say add an additional button or a list box and hit f5 to run the program it doesn't run with the new button but it runs the first instance. Please someone help, I'm eager to learn VB.Net and this is really holding me up. How can I get the program to run with the changes?

emm. instead of hitting f5 to run, run the debugger... this usualy happens when your program can't compile because of syntax errors.

If that doesn't help, go into your project folder, go into the bin, delete the .exe and try again.

you probably need to build it before you debug it. you shouldnt need to but i seen the same problem happening while i was at school.

so build>build solution (ctrl+shift+b) then Debug>start (f5)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.