Hi!

I understand almost all basic theory in C++ (including templates, inheritance, STL etc.) and I'd like to start understanding C++ in Windows, specifically stuff related to memory, calls, hooks, stuff like that. I don't visualize what do I want to do exactly (probably that's why I'm asking here) but I feel I'd like to know more about those themes.

I'm finding little to no resources on internet for example on hooking other applications. Why is that? Where to begin?

Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I'm finding little to no resources on internet for example on hooking other applications. Why is that? Where to begin?

Thank you!

Probably because it's damn complicated. And... Well it depends what application you want to hook into, especially commerical ones. Now dotnet goes a long way to making this easier. If you look at their libraries you will see photoshop?, word, excel etc.

All you have to do is call the function from your project.

Doing that alone is going to be difficult and remember commerical apps are going to be locked down because they're interested in $$$, so don't expect to find documentation easy to use.

There is nice website where you can windows API programming can be learnt from scratch. Check this out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.