I am using the (EditingControlShowing) event to Enable AutoComplete in DataGridViewComboBox Column.

private void dataGridView1_EditingControlShowing(object sender,  DataGridViewEditingControlShowingEventArgs e)
{
    if (e.Control is DataGridViewComboBoxEditingControl)
    {
        ComboBox combo = (ComboBox)e.Control;
        ((ComboBox)e.Control).DropDownStyle = ComboBoxStyle.DropDown;
        ((ComboBox)e.Control).AutoCompleteSource = AutoCompleteSource.ListItems;
        ((ComboBox)e.Control).AutoCompleteMode =  System.Windows.Forms.AutoCompleteMode.SuggestAppend;
    }
}

But it has a strange behavior, when I type some characters then I leave the cell (Tab or right key), the value did not change.
But if I repeat that, the value will change. From Here, you can download the source code and (EXE) video that explains the problem.

Could you please help me to make it work correctly?

I solved it :

private void dataGridView1_EditingControlShowing(object sender, DataGridViewEditingControlShowingEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.Control is DataGridViewComboBoxEditingControl)
            {
                ComboBox combo = (ComboBox)e.Control;
                ((ComboBox)e.Control).DropDownStyle = ComboBoxStyle.DropDown;
                ((ComboBox)e.Control).AutoCompleteMode = System.Windows.Forms.AutoCompleteMode.SuggestAppend;
                ((ComboBox)e.Control).AutoCompleteSource = AutoCompleteSource.ListItems;
                combo.Validated -= new EventHandler(combo_Validated);
                combo.Validated += new EventHandler(combo_Validated);

}
        }

public static object GetPropValue(object src, string propName)
        {
            if (src == null)
                return null;
            return src.GetType().GetProperty(propName).GetValue(src, null);
        }

void combo_Validated(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            Object selectedItem = ((ComboBox)sender).SelectedItem;
            DataGridViewComboBoxColumn col = (DataGridViewComboBoxColumn)dataGridView1.Columns[dataGridView1.CurrentCell.ColumnIndex];
            if (!String.IsNullOrEmpty(col.ValueMember))
                dataGridView1.CurrentCell.Value = GetPropValue(selectedItem, col.ValueMember);
            else
               dataGridView1.CurrentCell.Value = selectedItem;

}
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.