Hello, can someone please help me.

Ive got 2 textboxes. I want the text i typed in one textbox and show it in another. Now ive used the code textbox2.text = textbox1.text, but everytime i add text and then add more later it deletes all the text i typed earlier.

Can someone help me with any specific coding or components that i need so everytime i type in new text it places it in the other textbox but underneath the text i typed earlier.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

i think u have to add 1 textbox for your previous data....

in which event are u writing this code???
below code works...is this what u want....type in textbox3 and get the same thing in textbox4

Private Sub TextBox3_TextChanged(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles TextBox3.TextChanged
          TextBox4.Text = TextBox3.Text
     End Sub

Yeah that codes does work, it shows the text that i want, however when i do that, then add more text later on, it deletes what i put in that textbox earlier and replaces it with the text i added later if that makes sense

You could try

Private Sub TextBox1_KeyPress(sender As System.Object, e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyPressEventArgs) Handles TextBox1.KeyPress
    TextBox2.AppendText(e.KeyChar)
End Sub

This would also allow you to filter out certain keys like backspace.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.