Freinds, i couldn't able to use backspace in the solaris OS! whenever i do it is printing character like ^?. So what i does is just executed command like stty erase ^? then it is working.
Can we have some permanent solution for that? my shell is C shell, i tried kept this line in .cshrc file as well as .profile file but no use

please help

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

The backspace should work in windows, so if you use an emulator such as
wine, then you can overcome this problem for *nix.

What happens when you use the delete key?

I tried to use del key,it give some erraneous character. what is the difference b/w .cshrc file and .profile file? could any body please try to solve that issue i.e. erase not happening.

Try using CTRL+H

Then change your TERM environment variable to emulate the correct Terminal.

Next post in the Unix/Hardware/Troubleshooting forum. *nix is probably your best bet. Although they will probably tell you to go RTFM.

If you don't have a termcap that represents your Terminal then go digging around the internet. Google is your best friend. Someone should have a keyboard map that is setup for your box.

If your in X, then try xterm, rxvt, etc, instead of what your using now. Otherwise your going to get very familiar with xmodmap.

Freinds, i couldn't able to use backspace in the solaris OS! whenever i do it is printing character like ^?. So what i does is just executed command like stty erase ^? then it is working.
Can we have some permanent solution for that? my shell is C shell, i tried kept this line in .cshrc file as well as .profile file but no use

please help

hi ther

well im a data base programmer i dont know the exact solution fo ur problem but few months back i came across a problem regarding unix on a friend's recommendation i consult oracleplace.com

which really help me out , hop u can find the solution of ur problm 2.

gud luk

karenjones

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.