Hey all,

Would anyone be able to help me out with some code to convert text into binary / binary into text?

Your help would be much appriated.

Katrix36

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

It might seem strange to you, but text files are binary, too. It's the application that treats them differently. For example, if you change the extension from .txt to .bin, the application will not handle it the same.

If you are more precise in what you want to do, we might be able to help you better.

It might seem strange to you, but text files are binary, too. It's the application that treats them differently. For example, if you change the extension from .txt to .bin, the application will not handle it the same.

If you are more precise in what you want to do, we might be able to help you better.

To be more precise, I'm wanting a program that I can type some text into a textbox or memo, and then it displays that text in binary in another textbox/memo.

That should be pretty straightforward. On a click of a button, take the Text property into a String variable, then with one "for" loop walk the string, take every character, get the integer presentation using the Asc function, and display it in the other memo.

thank you for youe help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.