Hi There.
I joined here some three years ago when i created my ONE and ONLY Python program that actually functions as intended YAY, it's a little ugly and i've decided to return and learn more, improve it and maybe start up some new projects.

I'm a little confused as this isn't the regular forum layout so if i make some mistakes, please forgive me and i'll do my best to mimimise the damage and learn. I've got some catching up to do :)

My question for today. I use a locked window, you can't move it, resize it etc, BUT i found from one PC to another, some text and some buttons will shift, on one PC everything looks great, same code, different PC, buttons will overlap. I can't work out why. Is it out on my control like a video card driver, or can it be fixed in my code somehow. ALso, i did have a machine where it looked perfect but i can't access that machine right now, so you have to take my word for it, it used to look all good.

*The logo is intentionally missing and doesn't affect what i'm trying to show

badWorse

P.S. This isnt' homework :)

P.P.S. My guess at this issue, i need to choose and lcok down a windows system font and set my code to use only that font and size on every PC. Not sure how that's done assuming thats the solution.

EDIT: Gained access to my 32bit XP machine and the buttons and text line up perfectly. Its a clean and fresh install

Thanks for your time.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

It would be helpful to tell us which GUI toolkit and layout manager (boxsizer, gridsizer etc.) you used

EDIT: Gained access to my 32bit XP machine and the buttons and text line up perfectly. Its a clean and fresh install

Thanks for your time.

Let's assume then that this is solved.

Sorry no it isn't solved, that's the issue, everything lined up in XP, but on Windows 7 machiens, the screenshots are as above, out of alignment.

I don't understand the question back, but i use tkinter to draw my graphics.
I did make it mildly better by locking the font and box size but i found the boxes "grew fatter" on some other windows 7 machines. I still can't work out if screen res is doing it, a driver or my code.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.