Basically I have a wrote a program which downloads a webpage's source but now I want to search the source for a particular link I know the link is written like this:

<a href="/internet/A2/">
<b>Geographical Survey Work</b>
</a>

Is there anyway of using "Geographical Survey Work" as criteria to retrieve the link? The code I am using to download the source to a string is this:
Dim sourcecode As String = ((New Net.WebClient).DownloadString("http://examplesite.com"))

So just to clarify I want to type into an input box "Geographical Survey Work" for instance and "/internet/A2" to popup in a messagebox? I think it can be done using regres but that's abit beyond me, anyhelp would be great

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Here is a free, open source, package that will do exactly what you are wanting.

I really don't understand what I'm meant to with that.. I was looking for some help with the coding.

Here's an article that discusses what you want to do and includes samples. It looks like to do what you want you'll have to learn 'regular expressions', probably not everything but you should be able to decode the samples and create your own. You wanted help with the code. But since you don't appear to have any code, this is how to start. Read articles about what is possible and take that information and decide how you want to proceed, then start coding. Once you reach this point and run into a snag let us know and we'll be more than happy to help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.