I have a warning that I can;t get rid of:

Access of shared member, constant member, enum member or nested type through an instance; qualifying expression will not be evaluated.

I am pretty sure it is becasue I have not dimentioned the variable but how do you dimention an IO.memorystream.

Here is the code:

Photograph1.Image = Photograph1.Image.FromStream(New IO.MemoryStream(arr))

Any help would be greatfull. The programms runs and works, its just got those annoying warnings.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I know that to load an image from a file I do

Photograph1.Image = New Bitmap(filename)

I can't recommend what you should do without knowing what arr is or what it contains.

Sorry, didn't explain very well. arr is a binary data file stored in a database.

What is odd is that loading from a file (as your example) doesn't give the warning, but loading from io.memorystream does. Why?

So if arr already contains binary data why do you need the IOStream? And if you do need the IOStream then try

Photograph1.Image = New Bitmap(New IO.MemoryStream(arr))

It's not my area of expertise so I'm just throwing out suggestions and hoping that one sticks.

arr is a binary data file stored in a database

Assuming that this means that "arr" is a byte array that has been loaded from a database, then

change: Photograph1.Image = Photograph1.Image.FromStream(New IO.MemoryStream(arr))

to: Photograph1.Image = Image.FromStream(New IO.MemoryStream(arr))

FromStream is a shared method on the Image class. The IDE does not like you accessing a shared method/field/property on an instance eventhough as it works as you have found out. In this case, the instance is the Image property on Photograph (assuming Photograph is a PictureBox).

Thank you so much you guys, both options worked a treat so I went with TnTinMN just because it seemed the right way to go.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.