Thanks in advance for anyone who can a)understand this, and b) give any help in my struggles.

We are coding in C++, have half a circle, starting a a certain point (e.g. (0,-310)) and finishing at a certain point (0,310). We have the radius, and we have the equation X^2 + Y^2 = r^2. Now we are trying to calculate some (say 10+) points on the line of this circle. Hence, we are trying to create an increment that will calculate the Y/X values between these points, using the equation shown above to make sure that all the points calculated are on the line of the circle.

Once we have these points, we are trying to put them into several complex equations to calculate angles of a robot arm that is to draw this shape. This is not really the priority, but I thought I should include our overall aim in the question.

I nearly confused myself writting this question, so if you have any queries about the questiong I will do my best to answer. Sorry if its not very well explained.

Thank you very much for any help

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

you stated the objectives but forgot to ask a question.

He is trying to create the Increment to do what he was talking about I think.

"Hence, we are trying to create an increment that will calculate the Y/X values between these points, using the equation shown above to make sure that all the points calculated are on the line of the circle."

This bit

Yes, but that's not a question.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.