How to check an item already entered in a listview if i am entering data from a combo box from both tables for an id as value member...I mean there is both software id and asset id that can be added mixed in the listview based on the group....

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

When you add the items to the listview set the Name property of the item to equal the Text. This way you can use the ContainsKey method to check if it exists.

How to check an item already entered in a listview if i am entering data from a combo box from two tables for an id as value member based on group...I mean there is both software id and asset id that can be added in the listview based on the group software and hardware....If software software item with software id else asset item with asset id will be added to listview....How to check duplicate items while adding to listview if so....

When you add the items to the listview set the Name property of the item to equal the Text. This way you can use the ContainsKey method to check if it exists.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.