hi,
i'm new C++ programer .i wanna find a way to change process name in task manager when it start(example: proc.exe to changed.exe in task manager)
tnx for our attention and answers,
your new friend Tjsdeveloper.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

For what purpose? This seems pretty sketchy.

i'm student,our OS lab teacher ask this as a home work and resaearch for this term.it's my homework.

The first thing you should do when researching any topic is to google for your question, like this. If the answer is there at all it will be in one of the first few links, all you have to do is read them.

thank you for your best solotion!!!but i think it's clear that before asking question here i 've googled it.

!but i think it's clear that before asking question here i 've googled it.

No it wasn't clear -- you never mentioned it. Had you actually followed and read the 3d link you would have found this:

The process in the description column of the Windows task manager is taken from the product name in the version resource that is statically compiled into the executable. An executable has no way to set this description as runtime.
You only option is to create a native wrapper executable that creates a version resource with a configurable name.

yes you are true ,but it's the first solution that each student google the question.
and how can i create a native wrapper executable?

i find out this project here:
Hack Windows Task Manager

when you click on Hide,your task manager will be clean.it's nice jock:D ,and might help us.his writer try to manipulate taskmanager list and i can not find out how...
i'm wating for your help and answer....
thank you for all,
your new friends Tjsdeveloper.

If I just did your work for you then that would be considered cheating.

when somebody make a forum it means he wanna make a situation to solve other pepole problems.I ask a question and told that's my homework,i'm searching to find out and if I know the soloution help theother one.If you want help me and every one who has my problem guide us,and if you think it's cheating don't help us.
thank you at all.

when somebody make a forum it means he wanna make a situation to solve other pepole problems.

Though not to the exclusion of effort on the part of the person with the problem. We'll help you solve your problem, not solve it for you so that you can sit back and enjoy the results without doing anything on your own. This is stated clearly in Daniweb's rules.

yes I agree with you.i wanna do it myself.and tnx for your solution...

i'm waiting for your help and i'm searching about changing process name.....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.