how to Find emtpy foldder file and zero siz file and del thm.
in vb.net

how to find list of zero siz file in vb.net and del them.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I'm assuming that because your location is Delaware you have a working knowledge of English. Please take the time to post a clear question or you won't get an answer that is useful. If you can't take the time to do that then we can't be expected to take the time to answer.

commented: I agree +8

I'm assuming that because your location is Delaware you have a working knowledge of English

rasict

anyway that question was typed fast,
and what part you didnt understand?
simple question

how to Find emtpy folder and file empty file = zero size file and del them in vb.net

how to find list of zero size file in vb.net and del them.

is this english ok or we should reffer to oxford offical.

commented: I asuume you mean Racist -2

Hi
The Directory class in the System.IO namespace, should give you what you need. The problem is directories do not have sizes, it is the files stored in them that have sizes. However, it will enable you to bring back the sub directories and files i.e. if the folder has no sub directories and no files it is empty.

anyway that question was typed fast, and what part you didnt understand.

I'm trying to make a point here. I already said If you can't take the time to do that then we can't be expected to take the time to answer. This site has rules, two of which are

• Do post in full-sentence English
  • Do not write in all uppercase or use "leet", "txt" or "chatroom" speak

Plus there is a sticky thread titled Please Read This Before Posting which includes

• Show us that you have made a serious effort (don't expect us to do the work for you).
  • The effort you get back will be proportional to the effort you put in.

I make allowances for posts made by people for whom English is not their first language but when I see a statment posted from Delaware which reads

how to Find emtpy foldder file and zero siz file and del thm.

when by taking a few extra moments you could have posted

I want to delete all zero length files and empty folders from a directory tree

I'm generally not motivated to provide an answer. I've said this before, the most important language you should learn as a programmer is English because your ability to communicate clearly and effectively is going to play a very large part in determining your success. This applies no matter what field you are in. Clearly this point bears repeating based on your other recent posts.

I'd just also like to back Reverend Jim Up here - especially as I've just noticed you quoted back to him and put the word rasict underneath.

1. I'll assume you mean racist.
  2. I would like to know how pulling you up on lazy typing and bad spelling is racist? At no point was the colour of your skin, your ethnicity or nationality mentioned what was pointed out was that as you were in a part of the USA which is a predominately English speaking (note I use the word predominately,) environment that you may take the time and effort to check what you are posting up and ensure it is readible.
  3. I have been a member of this forum for a number of years and have always found the Reverend Jim to be a helpful, knowledgable person and have seen no evidence of any racism in anyway from him.
  4. If you suffer from dyslexia or some other impediment to your typing / writing skills then fair enough, you can just say that but to attack someone who you don't know and who donates their time and expertise to moderate this forum for FREE because they pointed out you were sloppy is just unprofessional.

Reverend Jim and G_Waddell if you people cant understand question or answer , move along and dont bother to reply to post.
if you both cant understand dont bother to reply
When answering a question please: < for the above to mention dont know who?

Read the question carefully.
Understand that English isn't everyone's first language so be lenient of bad spelling and grammar.
If a question is poorly phrased then either ask for clarification, ignore it, or edit the question and fix the problem. Insults are not welcome.

Let's work to help programmer, not make them feel stupid for comin on your site and asking question , and get reply from people who cant answer but will only try to type some crap on thread.

G_Waddell u can kiss his ass or whatever ,dont bother to reply to this post again.

At no point was the colour of your skin, your ethnicity or nationality mentioned what was pointed out was that as you were in a part of the USA which is a predominately English speaking

are you really that dumb or you were born that way.

anway there is no button to stop people like you from posting on any thread .
so better use something that you dont have commonsense(note I use the word dumb , if that rang any bell dont bother to post here again. )

try and practise your ass licking skill on some other thread.

Irony is your quoting a line of text that says "Insults are not welcome" and then you insult me...
"At no point was the colour of your skin, your ethnicity or nationality mentioned what was pointed out was that as you were in a part of the USA which is a predominately English speaking" "are you really that dumb or you were born that way." Please oh font of wisdom, enlighten me as to what part of that statement was dumb?

The fact of the matter is my 6 year old son has better writing skills than you!

I also see you've been banned - Quelle Surprise!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.