I would like to know if there is a class wich generates RANDOM words which have sense(are in use in the daily language in englis). I am making a project where uppon a given random generated word i would like to collect letters for that given word so once i collect the letters it should match the generated word. Or if there isn t please give me a suggestion how to do this.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The only thing I can come up with is that you have an English dictionary in a database and you pick random words out of it.
A real random word generator should at least take account of the fact that there are few words that don't contain vowels.

Take a list of words and build a Trie from them, make random choice at each branch for which letter comes next.

You'll need to learn what a Trie is, and how to use it :)

i found a website where there are plenty of words and i downloaded them to my project using the WebClient class and the DownloadString method inside that class.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.