can some one give me a codes?im creating a time reservation system and every time a user input a data on the combo box and click the button SUBMIT, all the data will be recorded in the list view.and now?im having a problem with the codes for a conflict schedule.i mean once the user input a new schedule but that schedule is already taken the system will detect it.can some one can provide me a codes?im just a newbie here :(

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

show us your code please

code of what bro?

Dim lstItems As New ListViewItem(ComboBox1.Text)

lstItems.SubItems.Add(ComboBox2.Text)

ListView1.Items.Add(lstItems)
lstItems.SubItems.Add(ComboBox3.Text)
lstItems.SubItems.Add(ComboBox4.Text)
lstItems.SubItems.Add(ComboBox5.Text)
lstItems.SubItems.Add(ComboBox6.Text)
lstItems.SubItems.Add(TextBox1.Text)

this is my code of combo box to list view.now i would like a code for detecting a time conflict.can you provide me that sir?

You haven't told us anything about the data. What data is going into what columns of the listview? On another note, you are doing things in the wrong order. You create a new listitem and add entries from combo1 and combo2. Then you add it to the listview. Then you add more items to the new listitem. Try this instead

ListView1.Items.Add(New ListViewItem({
    ComboBox1.Text,
    ComboBox2.Text,
    ComboBox3.Text,
    ComboBox4.Text,
    ComboBox5.Text,
    ComboBox6.Text,
    TextBox1.Text})

or

ListView1.Items.Add(New ListViewItem({
    ComboBox1.Text, ComboBox2.Text, ComboBox3.Text, ComboBox4.Text,
    ComboBox5.Text, ComboBox6.Text, TextBox1.Text})

And as another note, you'd be much better off naming your controls for the data in them. If a combobox contains flight numbers then name it something like cmbFlight. It makes the code much easier to follow.

how to detect the conflict in schedule using vb.net and how to display the conflict in datagrid?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.