Hey guys ! I hope I'm not posting this topic in wrong place .
I'm new to DaniWeb forum , although I've been previously following certain articles as a guest .
Anyway , let's get to bussines .
I have this problem , as titles says , I need to harvest some data from a web page and because I'm mainly famlliar only with local programming , that is I've never written a program that goes online and copies stuff .
So , because I'm best at C++ and C# programming , can anyone recommend any useful readings on this topic , tips and so on ...
I've been also searching through some python tutorials that weren't very helpful so I would very much appreciate if you could recommend what are the best languages for this kind of stuff , and where can I start of .
Thanks !
P.S I've posted in C++ forum because I'm most comfortable with this language .

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

To do it in either C or C++ you need to read some tutorials about socket programming. There is a difference between MS-Windows and *nix sockets, so you first have to determine which platform you are writing for. Here are some google links that you might find helpful.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

cURL is your answer or a scythe... Great for harvesting.

Thanks guys !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.