Hi guys, i have been all over google looking for proper examples that work with dword values, but i have found some examples online but nothing that worked for me. I've also read this

http://www.dreaminco...istry-in-vbnet/ but that doesn't cover dword value reading. Actually i am kinda struggling to understand the proper concept of using RegistryValueKind in a proper sense. Maybe someone can explain that to me?

I started out with these dim but i am not sure on the proper constuction and use of registryvaluekind, and yes i did read msdn about the property. But i still lack the understanding. Can someone simplify this with an example or explanation please?

Dim regString As String
    Dim myKey As RegistryKey = CType(Registry.CurrentUser.GetValue("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION"), RegistryKey)
                Dim regKeyValueType As RegistryValueKind = CType(myKey.GetValue("prevhost.exe"), RegistryValueKind)

But i don't know how to continue to read the values...and i know the above will output object not set to an instance of an object, hence why i asked my question. :))

1 The path is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION
2 The value from the file name i need is: "prevhost.exe"
3 The value is a Dword value which is what I am trying to read to a string.

hi,

Looking at your code it should be something like: dim MyKeyValue as string = CType(myKey.GetValue("prevhost.exe"),String)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.