default:
        printf("%c is not a vowel.\n", ch);
    }

_getch();
    return 0;
}

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Did you try to use the getchar() function?

I think there is no error with getch function it works fine , the problem in the structre of siwtch statment because it gives me vowel everytime .. and getch works because i have to press any key to continue .

My compiler does not support scanf_s (it's a Microsoft extension I think) but if I change your scanf_s to a scanf call it works as expected.

So I looked up scanf_s in the Microsoft help and it said

Unlike scanf and wscanf, scanf_s and wscanf_s require the buffer size to be specified for all input parameters of type c, C, s, S, or string control sets that are enclosed in []. The buffer size in characters is passed as an additional parameter immediately following the pointer to the buffer or variable. For example, if you are reading a string, the buffer size for that string is passed as follows:

and then gave this example of reading a char

char c;
scanf_s("%c", &c, 1);

Next time try reading the manual.

commented: Great! +15

It works under my compiler too(gcc 4.7 debian), i replaced scanf_s with scanf, and it works perfectly!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.