Hello,
I am a bit new to vb.net. I Want to make a translucent button but I am not able to make it. Can anyone help me please?
Thanks in Advance

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Can't be done. What you could do is make a pseudo-button of your own by using a PictureBox. Set the BackColor to Transparent.

It CAN be done. BUT, you must be willing to learn a totally new way of programming. Learn WPF and XAML(Speak out 'zammel')
I tried to use WPF in C#, I gave up after a few months. So I stay with Jim in this: Can't be done.
If you want to google WPF and VB.NET. Example.

Thank You ddanbe, but I just got it from this link-
CLICK

Yes, but this is in C#. Don't know if it can be done in VB. Just as C# does not have all the possibilities of VB. Besides I should not follow the track of GDI+ any more. Besides the fact there is smoothingmode and antialiasing, the
pictures drawn with it still tend to be edgy. Helas, only one road: WPF.

dpiures th it, s

Yes, but this is in C#. Don't know if it can be done in VB. Just as C# does not have all the possibilities of VB.

That's in terms of language syntax, and the gap is shrinking with each new version. In terms of framework support, anything you can do in C# you can do in VB.NET.

Helas, only one road: WPF.

Agreed. Shiny prettiness is WPF's bread and butter. Presentation tricks that are a bear to accomplish in WinForms can often be completed with a one-liner in WPF.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.