how to create a arry that stores the first 100 multiples of a user-supplied integer, prints the values forward and backwarf rom storage (in an array); prints any values that are multiples of a second user-supplied integer or a message indication that there are no multiples of tha number if that is so

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

To get ye' started, here is how to create an array and store the first 100 multiples of a number into that array

(assuming that no number in the array exceeds the bounds of the datatype size int )

int array[100] ;

cout << "Enter a number: " ;
cin >> array[0] ;

for (int i=0; i<99; i++)

array[i+1] *= array[i] ;

at this point, you have a populated array of integers. how you want to test the array.. and display it is up to you.

That only generates 99 numbers. You should have "i<100".

That only generates 99 numbers. You should have "i<100".

Nope i think it is alright since he has initially assigned the first element of the array with the value from cin >> array[0]; and the remainig 1 to 99 elemets get assigned values from the statement

for (int i=0; i<99; i++)
    array[i+1] *= array[i] ;

Hope i am right.

> array[i+1] *= array[i] ; Since this is just short for array[i+1] = array[i+1] * array[i] ; All the calculations involve undefined values because i+1 element is read before being written (in the absense of any other initialisation).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.