ERROR:
No such file: Permission denied
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))
0 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))

Earlier, I tried dev C++ also, it was also raising the same problem. I don't know how to deal with this problem. Please help!!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Is it Code::Blocks that gives you this error? When you're try to start it? Are you trying to compile it? Or are you trying to compile something from Code::Blocks?

Think you need to provide some more info for anyone to help you.

i am compiling my code, ofcourse on it.

Did you save the source file before trying to compile it, I'm sure i've seen this error when I forget to save the file first.

Is that everything it says? I most commonly see that error with an undefined symbol, but in those cases it should say which symbol is undefined. Alternatively, it's trying to create a file somewhere that it does not have permission to, and then when it looks for that file, it doesn't exist (hence "No such file: permission denied"). Make sure you have write permission wherever you (or the IDE) is trying to create files.

commented: yeah, may be thats it... but how can i change the permission. +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.