I am working on an assignment for my object oriented programming class, it is a very simple program, but it has raised a question. My assignment is to create a rectangle class where I just assign points. The thing is we write our programs with notepad and run them through the command line. So this assignment made me think, can I not direct my program to open via paint when it is executed through the command line. If so how would I go about doing that? I do know there are IDEs hat can easily do this for me but that is not my interest at this point. I thank you in advance for any answers.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

run a Java class from paint? that makes no sense at all. paint is an image processing application, not a coding platform.

or did you mean: "is it possible to open paint from my code when I run my code through the command line?"

I did mean "is it possible to open paint from my code when I run my code through the command line?".

Yes, absolutely. Use the ProcessBuilder class - Google for API details and tutorials

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.