Hi, I've recently been assigned a task in a new job where I have to compare XML paths against Acord XML paths to find out what the ancestor path is. I've never done anything like this before and just want to check that I am doing it correctly because i've asked many of times for someone to show me how to do it so don't want to ask them again. An example I was giving was:

/account/commercialPolicy/workersCompensationPolicy/state/classification#exposure

compared against 

WorkCompLineBusiness.WorkCompRateState.WorkCompLocInfo.WorkCompRateClass.Exposure

equals in the ancestor path for both being parent.

Another example I was shown, is:

/account/commercialPolicy/workersCompensationPolicy/state/returnToWorkProgram#returnToWorkPremiumCredit

compared against 

WorkCompLineBusiness.WorkCompRateState.CreditOrSurcharge[CreditSurchargeCd = "RTWRK"].NumericValue.FormatCurrencyAmt.Amt

resulted in the top one being parent and the second one being:
WorkCompLineBusiness.WorkCompRateState.CreditOrSurcharge[CreditSurchargeCd = "RTWRK"]

So i think I understand how they are done but now I am hitting ones like:

/account/commercialPolicy/workersCompensationPolicy/state/waiverOfSubrogation#secondCharge

compared with 

WorkCompLineBusiness.WorkCompRateState.CommlCoverage[CoverageCd = "WVSUB" && CoverageDesc = "Second Waiver"].CurrentTermAmt.Amt

The way I'm looking at this is that CommlCoverage[...] in the second one doesn't map to anything in the first, is this correct? If not, what would the ancestor paths be for both?

Sorry if this is a really silly question, I'm only used to coding in .net and C# so have never done anything like this before.

Thanks in advance.

This is not silly question, in fact its quite challenging one......
First - its not path but PATCH......
Second - why not to use one of many comparators online? Its quicker. Just not to look too long: http://prettydiff.com/
There is source code hosted on GH, so maybe its good starting point for you to catch an idea how its built.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.