Im currently doing an application which is when user plugged in usb drive, login form will pop up so user need to login first but if user failed login for three times, webcam will automatically capture. The problem here, how to make the webcam to automatically capture after user failed to login after three times? I already found code for webcam from google but I dont know how to connect these to code to solve my problem.

This is the code for login without errors (in case u wanna see my code)

Imports System.Data.OleDb
    Public Class Login
        Private Sub LoginButton_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles LoginButton.Click
            'Check if username or password is empty
            If PasswordTextBox.Text = "" Or UsernameTextBox.Text = "" Then
                MessageBox.Show("Please fill-up all fields!", "Authentication Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)
                'Clear all fields
                PasswordTextBox.Text = ""
                UsernameTextBox.Text = ""
                'Focus on Username field
                UsernameTextBox.Focus()
            Else
                ' Connect to DB
                Dim conn As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection()
                conn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=|DataDirectory|\\PutLock.mdb"
                Try
                    'Open Database Connection
                    conn.Open()
                   Dim sql As String = "SELECT * FROM PutLockSignUp WHERE Username='" & UsernameTextBox.Text & "' AND Password = '" & PasswordTextBox.Text & "'"
                    Dim cmd As OleDbCommand = New OleDbCommand(sql, conn)
                    Dim sqlRead As OleDbDataReader = cmd.ExecuteReader()
                    If sqlRead.Read() Then
                        MainPage.Show()
                        Me.Hide()
                    Else
                        ' If user enter wrong username or password
                        MessageBox.Show("Sorry, username or password not found!", "Authentication Failure", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)
                        'Clear all fields
                        PasswordTextBox.Text = ""
                        UsernameTextBox.Text = ""

'Focus on Username field
                        UsernameTextBox.Focus()
                    End If

Catch ex As Exception
                    MessageBox.Show("Failed to connect to Database", "Database Connection Error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)
                End Try
            End If
        End Sub
        Private Sub ExitButton_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles ExitButton.Click
            End
        End Sub
    End Class

You should count how many times user attempts to login. Each try should be saved to variable. Then if he try three times then you have to put code for capture from web cam.
To do that you have to make private sub and put capturing code inside it. Then if that variable equal to threee, this should be run.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.