Hello all,

How can the sound card be Enabled/Disabled with Vb Code? Is this possible through API call? or maybe registry edit?

My app. needs to disable sound card while running then enable afterward. This app will be running on a dedicated system.

Using "black box" object. The object's method (for which I don't have source code) uses .wav file play that can overwhelm the sound card to the point of BSOD. After manually disabling my sound device the BSOD events dissapeared. Mute does not work, BSOD still occurs.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

After some pretty hard-core searching, I've settled on the fact that you simply can't by yourself. I've looked into API's, WMI, and using Sendkeys to the device manager window itself :eek: (which works, btw, but it's really tacky, and certainly not something I'm going to suggest). After all is said and done, it looks like there is a utility called "devcon" from microsoft, that can be used to do what you want (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=311272). I'm quite a bit disappointed that I can't find a VB solution to this, or even a solution in another language that I could port to VB. Everything seems to rely on this tool...... good luck.

Thank you very much for your help. I tried the link, but it does not work.

i need an asisstance on how i disable the keboard using visual basic 6.0. let it works like a cyber cafe timer billing software

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.