:!:

Write a program that reads in an m by n matrix row by row, then reads in an n by p matrix row by row, and then computes the product matrix and displays the two matrices, as well as their product matrix on the screen. Use integer values for the matrix entries. Use 3, 4, and 5 values for m, n, and p, but declare constant names for them so that they can be easily changed.

An n by m matrix is a rectangular array of numbers. For example, the following is a 4 by 3 matrix:

1 2 8
3 4 32
6 12 7
10 9 12

The entries of a matrix are normally numbered by two subscripts, one for the row and one for the column.

a00 a01 a02 b00 b01
a10 a11 a12 b10 b11
a20 a21 a22 b 20 b 21
a30 a31 a32

The product of an m by n matrix with entries aij and an n by p matrix with entries bij is an m by p matrix whose entries cij are defined as follows:

cij = ai1b1j + ai2b2j _ … ainbnj

PS. What should i do?(pls post the complete solution and code.....by the way writE codes in visual C++)

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

PS. What should i do?

Show your attempt. (Read the announcement in this forum if you need clarification.)

(pls post the complete solution and code.....by the way writE codes in visual C++)

:eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS. What should i do?

Drop the class?

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I don't have visual c++, but I have dev shed?

:!:

Write a program that reads in an m by n matrix row by row, then reads in an n by p matrix row by row, and then computes the product matrix and displays the two matrices, as well as their product matrix on the screen. Use integer values for the matrix entries. Use 3, 4, and 5 values for m, n, and p, but declare constant names for them so that they can be easily changed.

An n by m matrix is a rectangular array of numbers. For example, the following is a 4 by 3 matrix:

1 2 8
3 4 32
6 12 7
10 9 12

The entries of a matrix are normally numbered by two subscripts, one for the row and one for the column.

a00 a01 a02 b00 b01
a10 a11 a12 b10 b11
a20 a21 a22 b 20 b 21
a30 a31 a32

The product of an m by n matrix with entries aij and an n by p matrix with entries bij is an m by p matrix whose entries cij are defined as follows:

cij = ai1b1j + ai2b2j _ … ainbnj

PS. What should i do?(pls post the complete solution and code.....by the way writE codes in visual C++)

Same problem here
pls do something!!!!

Please look at the date before reviving old threads...you are late by almost 2 years...

commented: Quite so. +17

I dont have Visual c++, would Borland c++ do? I have the full code for that

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.