Hi everyone,
Hope u all in good shape. I'm doing a simple project integrating mobile agents using aglets with intrusion detection system using snort., all these are done with linux fedora core 5 platform.

The basic idea is, when snort detect an intrusion, an aglet will read the log file created by snort containing the alert message of the intrusion, then the aglet will inform tahiti server about this, tahiti server will then dispatch a new agent to the targeted PC and close the port of the targeted PC in order to prevent the intrusion from occuring.

My question is, could this be done successfully. :?: :eek: If there's other idea about doing this please feel free to let me know, i would really appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

hi
i have install aglet-2.0.2 and J2SDK1.4.2_16 to my computer and i got Tahiti
server and its work fine but when i am try to compile the aglet programme in
java platform java cant recognized key symbol aglet
when i write simple programme and compiled its gave following error massage

C:\Aglets\public\muh>javac FirstAglet.java
FirstAglet.java:3: package com.ibm.aglet does not exist
import com.ibm.aglet.*;
^
FirstAglet.java:5: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : class Aglet
public class FirstAglet extends Aglet
^
2 errors

but i got one aglet programme from my Friend with class file its work fine
in my computer

pls can you solve this problem by giving some solution for me
or can i know its a problem with aglet or java

import com.ibm.aglet.*;
^

Do you have the package where the aglet is implemented: com.ibm.aglet ?
You need to get the jar file of the package or the class files in order to be able to import them. The program of your friend runs because he gave you the class file which was already compiled at his computer with the package.

I am not knowing how to compile Aglet programs and how to run the program and using Tahiti server. Please can any one help me out ?

Hi friends
how to transfer a file from one system to other, just like TCP UDP does.
I need to transfer an file usning aglets..
Plz kindly help me
thx in Advance

commented: "IM-speak" and thread hijack. Fail. -3

hi
i have install aglet-2.0.2 and J2SDK1.4.2_16 to my computer and i got Tahiti
server and its work fine but when i am try to compile the aglet programme in
java platform java cant recognized key symbol aglet
when i write simple programme and compiled its gave following error massage

C:\Aglets\public\muh>javac FirstAglet.java
import com.ibm.aglet.*;
^
FirstAglet.java:5: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : class Aglet
public class FirstAglet extends Aglet
^
2 errors

but i got one aglet programme from my Friend with class file its work fine
in my computer

pls can you solve this problem by giving some solution for me
or can i know its a problem with aglet or java

I have problem also that I do not know what to do to create Aglet
I know only how to run Mr Tahiti server

hi i am doing project on DESIGNING AND IMPLEMENTATION OF INTRUSION DETECTION SYSTEM BY AUTONOMOUS AGENTS AND MOBILE AGENTS . In this aglets are used . if u have source code for this project plz send to me. it will help me to do further.

I am using tahiti server. I installed aglets2.0.2 jar and jdk 1.5 on windows xp. I am not getting tahiti server. would you plz send me the procedure how i can get?
give me how environment variables are set?

Save the following as "makeit.bat" (in aglets/bin)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

set JDK_HOME=C:\Java\Jdk1.6.0
set AGLET_HOME=C:\Aglets

set CLASSPATH=.
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%AGLET_HOME%\lib\aglets-2.0.2.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%AGLET_HOME%\public

%JDK_HOME%\bin\javac -d %AGLET_HOME%\public -classpath %CLASSPATH% MyAglet.java

///MyAglet.java is your Agent java file name
// Set path accoring to your java & aglet path
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now open "cmd"

go to Aglets/bin folder using the cd command

type the follow

makeit // this is to compile your aglet code
agletsd -f ..\cnf\aglets.props

then Tahiti server will appear...

I am using tahiti server. I installed aglets2.0.2 jar and jdk 1.5 on windows xp. I am not getting tahiti server. would you plz send me the procedure how i can get?
give me how environment variables are set?

dear mr.williams ,
thank you i got tahiti server .

Hi everyone,
Hope u all in good shape. I'm doing a simple project integrating mobile agents using aglets with intrusion detection system using snort., all these are done with linux fedora core 5 platform.

The basic idea is, when snort detect an intrusion, an aglet will read the log file created by snort containing the alert message of the intrusion, then the aglet will inform tahiti server about this, tahiti server will then dispatch a new agent to the targeted PC and close the port of the targeted PC in order to prevent the intrusion from occuring.

My question is, could this be done successfully. :?: :eek: If there's other idea about doing this please feel free to let me know, i would really appreciate it. Thanks guys.

hie

im doing a college project similar to yours. im supposed to develop an Intrusion detection system prototype that uses mobile agent technology but im a not that good a programmer. the systems is supposed to send an alert using adhoc means...

i would love to see your code if you dont mind so i can develop mine from there

kind regards

Hi..

i am binoj

I have downloaded the mobile agent aglet from internet. But When i didi the settings to do the tahity server its givinf\g me lots of errors.

can anyone give me the exact aglet software and the instructions to set up the tahity server?

Pls...

Thanks

hie

when I want search for file at destination host using java aglets

it is giving error like
Exception in thread "No.3]" java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission /home/kiran/123/123.txt read)
at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:342)
at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:553)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:549)
at com.ibm.aglets.tahiti.AgletsSecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(SecurityManager.java:888)
at java.io.File.exists(File.java:748)
at myfirst.MyAglet.run(MyAglet.java:21)
at com.ibm.aglets.SystemMessage.handle(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.aglets.AgletThread.run(Unknown Source)
regards,

Do you have the package where the aglet is implemented: com.ibm.aglet ?
You need to get the jar file of the package or the class files in order to be able to import them. The program of your friend runs because he gave you the class file which was already compiled at his computer with the package.

get the jar file in the below site
http://sourceforge.net/projects/aglets/
add it in ur project library

hey fellas
I am not able to develop an addition program in aglets..please help.aBold Text Hereas I am new to mobile agents and don't have much knowledge about the functions used hereEmphasized Text Here
its urgent..
thanks..

this is a seven year old Thread. to quote the Beatles:

Let it be...

if you have a question, start a new thread. also: provide more information on that Thread. and do realize that "its urgent" is usually a translation for "I didn't start in time, now I'm looking for someone to do it for me", so do provide some code/... you've done yourself.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.